Monday, July 27, 2009

Cool picture

Here is a picture of a mixed population of dissociated cells from the spiral ganglion neuron. Schwann cells are green (probed with an antibody against S100) and neurons are red (probed for NF200). The blue color shows the nuclei of all cells regardless of cell type. As you might imagine, trying to get a pure population of any of these cells types is difficult at best. Luckily there are very few times that I need to do that.
These cells are being grown on an unpatterned bed of polymethacrylate. This experiment was essentially a proof of principle experiment showing that cells will attach and grow on polymethacrylate. I have another batch growing on patterned polymer as I write. They should be ready for processing by tomorrow.





2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is a cool picture and usually I'm not interested in such things, but I like it.

The Duke said...

I have no earthly idea what you just said. The picture is cool looking but I find myself wondering where you learned to spell such huge words?