Thursday, May 1, 2008

ARRGGG!!!

I am a little perplexed right now. I have been doing protein work for 10 years now and usually when something is what I expect I can at least come up with a reasonable explaination and then a follow-up experiment to test my hypothesis. My results from last week are so contradictory that I am just running the experiment over again - same conditions. If I get the same results I will at least know that the odd results are not due to my technique but are due to tissue variability. I just want to get this set of experiments done and move on to the next thing. I think all researchers are a little ADD. Routine doesn't sit well with most of us. That is the primary reason I left my last job. I was doing the same thing day in day out. After a year and a half of that, I was going nuts. Here's hoping for good results.

No comments: