Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More stuff

I just got done editing 11 pages of a manuscript we are writing. My brain hurts. This paper will describe all of our JNK experiments as well as a few others to complete the story. I think it is a pretty strong paper and we are going to send it to the Journal of Biological Chemistry. JBC is one of the big journals in the biomedical sciences so we really have our fingers crossed.

The initial MRIs were completed yesterday and the real work of treating the 24 mice on a daily basis for 3 months will begin shortly. This will be one of those things that I will just have to grin and bear. It isn't particularly difficult (I've done this once before with far fewer mice) but it is time consuming.

1 comment:

The Duke said...

I just read a small magazine that BYU sent to Jim from the Life Science Dep't (which took over the agricultural dep't that no longer exists here). In that magazine, there was an article about the necessity of writing and publishing for professors, students, grad students, etc.
Do you have to do a lot of publishing (at least your dep't)? How involved are you in the actual writing? It's probably time consuming but interesting. You are a good writer so I would think they would use your skills as often as possible.